Mahalo for taking the time to visit my website and retrieve information about Maui Real Estate and me. I invite you to take a few moments to read my Résumé, it will give you a real sense of who I am, where I have been, and why I take my career and business so seriously.
Early, primary education was in Longview and Kelso, Washington. Earning an AAS in Business, graduating in 1985 Magna Cum Laud from Tacoma Community College; a BS in Business with an emphasis on Marketing and Management with minors in Finance and English, graduating in 1987 with Honors and on the Dean’s List from Central Washington University (Seattle, satellite campus). I continue to take ongoing classes for self-improvement and of course, the required Continuing Education to maintain my license to practice Real Estate.
Licensed since 1992, (Realtor®/Sales from 6/92 to 5/01 – Realtor®/Broker from 5/01 to Present) I have seen our market rise and fall and rise, rise, rise again. My real estate experience includes sales and financing of investment properties, large project sales and development, listing and sales of residential properties (320+ transactions from $18,000 to $13,700,000); and have been involved commercial and business acquisitions and sales. With 30- years in the real estate industry, the experience I have gained allows me to provide my clients with the utmost in professional, personal service and precise, relevant information regarding the properties in which they have an interest. Toss in local and cultural aspects of Maui and you have an All-around real estate Professional.
Since 1992 I have been licensed in real estate. In the early 90’s, my position with GECC (General Electric Credit Corporation) was as Neighbor Island Marketing and Loan Manager in the Commercial Division. I worked closely with developers on all Neighbor Islands for acquisition, construction funding then permanent financing of their projects. * As loan officer and paralegal at Puget Sound National Bank, (now Key Bank) my job was to act on behalf of the bank as Administrator in settling estates of decedents; some of which involved complex real estate transactions for which I was responsible. My administrative skills and managerial performance has been outstanding leading to large bonuses at the end of each project. I also have a background in insurance. Don’t know everything, but I do know where to find the answers to scenarios where I don’t.
- Listen to my clients and determine their wants and needs.
- Use this information to find my clients the property they want.
- Act as their individual and personal agent and representative.
- Provide names of reputable lenders, contractors, etc.
- Negotiate the best possible offer for their desired property (they don’t call me the little barracuda for nothing).
- Prepare and present all sales documents to the listing agent or owner (FSBO sales).
- Relieve the stress by making the purchase and closing as stress-free and expeditious as possible.
- Enjoy the smiles come upon the faces of my clients when their property closes escrow.
It is very important to find a full-time, professional Realtor® with whom you feel comfortable; not only with their knowledge, but also in their presence. Fine one who will represent YOU and YOUR best interests. Don’t feel badly terminating your relationship with a Realtor® if you don’t ‘click’ or you feel you are not being heard, or represented properly. I only work with clients, who only work with me. You expect the best, I provide the best. So, f you decide to work with me-let’s stick together. Many people are not aware that compensation for professional Realtor® services [usually] comes from Owners/Sellers. Consequently, unless a property successfully closes escrow, Realtors® receive no compensation; not for time nor expenses. I invest 100% of my time, energy and talents with and for my clients. Many hours of preparation are invested for you: market research, property showings, contract writing and improving my self, professionally. I must brag a bit and say that my clients are wonderful! Because of the services I provide-long after the transaction closes, a bond is created built on trust and confidence and our relationship continues. I joke, “Even when the transaction is closed, you are not getting rid of me.” The biggest compliment and professional can receive are referrals of friends, families and even strangers. The main reason I have such a successful business is because of my Clients’. They Trust and have Confidence in me and my abilities and knowledge as a real estate Professional. My Broker-in-Charge and five agents are here to assist, too. We all help each other.
“Professional Service Beyond Your Expectations” is how I operate my business and my life. I am available from 8AM to 8PM HST (Hawai’i does not participate in Daylight Savings Time. So, we are 6 hours behind EDT and 3 hours behind PDT). I do not work on Easter, Christmas, New Year’s Day, Thanksgiving or Super Bowl Sunday.
- Inaugural Recipient Aloha ‘Aina Award – Peoples’ Choice, Realtor® of the Year.
- Scholarship Committee High School Scholarships awarded to Seniors in Maui County
- Board of Directors West Maui Director at Large 2002
- Top Sales Producer Coldwell Banker 1999, 2002 and many quarters from 1999-2004.
- Opened La Costa Realty Hawai’i, LLC on June 1, 2004.
- State of Hawai’i, Real Estate Commission – Maui County Commissioner 2021-2024
- Maui County Planning Commission – Vice Chair and Commissioner 2018-2023
- Vice President – West Maui Community Task Force 2019- Present
- Lector and Eucharist Minister – Maria Lanakila and Sacred Hearts Church 1993 – present
Many Mahalos for taking time to learn about me and realize how important YOU are to me and my business. . Let My Knowledge Be Yours. When you E-mail, text or call for information, please remember, there is NO cost or obligation. Should you give me the honor of assisting and representing your interests in your real estate needs and transaction(s), you will see just how true my motto is. Since I invest 100% in my clients, I ask that they do the same with me. Everyone can appreciate the one-on-one relationship; a client/Realtor® relationship is no different than attorney/client or accountant/client. Establishing confidence and trust is what makes everyone happy, secure and comfortable. Here’s to a long-lasting relationship! 808-280-2132 Cell Direct.